Chinmaya Devi Group, Madurai is the women wing of Chinmaya Mission. The aim and purpose of Chinmaya Devi Group is to provide a platform for young women to channelize their potential and excel in their family life. Devi group participants often work together for the organization of spiritual discourses, camps, and festival celebrations, providing invaluable inputs and thus encouraging cohesiveness.
Chinmaya Devi Group, exclusively for women, involves fifteen to twenty people who meet at a mutually agreed time, place and day for about 60 to 90 minutes each week. The group studies and discusses spiritual texts that offer them a systematic exposure to Vedanta. Devi Group Members also meet for devotional singing and a variety of Cultural and Social Activities.
Devi Group Activities
- Sevikas for Balavihar Classes
- Coordinate and Teach Devi Group Classes in various areas
- Devi Group members coordinate Gita Chanting Competitions every year and also participate as Judges
- Organize all Temple Festivals like Navratri , Hanuman Jeyanthi , Swami Chinmayananda Jeyanthi and Aradhana Days, Shivaratri ,RamaNavami Vilakku Pooja, Krishna Jeyanthi, Gita Jeyanthi and ParamaGuru Tapovan Maharaj Jeyanthi, Varushabhishegam and GuruPeyarchi Festivals etc
- Organize Summer Camp ( LEAD ) and Winter Camp (SEED) for children
- Conduct Value Camps for Schools
- Organize 1 Day Camp for Women “MAA SAKTHI” every year